President Muhammadu Buhari‘s ally, Mallam Isa Funtua is dead.
Naija News reports that Isa Funtua died in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital while undergoing a routine medical check-up.
The Newspaper patron and influential media leader, who reportedly suffered a massive heart attack during the medical check-up, died at 78 years old.
See important things to know about the late ally of Buhari…
- Malam Ismaila Isa was born in Funtua, Katsina State. He was a pioneer student of the Federal Training Centre Kaduna.
- He trained as an administrative officer at the Institute of Administration, Ahmadu Bello University, ABU, Zaria and as an administrator at the Manchester University in the UK.
- He was the Monitor General of the Course 9, the prestigious National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies, NIPSS, Kuru.
- He served at the Katsina Native Authority for seven years as an Administrative Officer.
- Mallam Ismaila Isa is a renowned Business Executive and public officer with over thirty years of management experience.
- He was Personnel Manager in United Textiles Limited (UNTL), responsible for over ten thousand staff and a one-time Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- He is the founder of Bulet International Nigeria Limited (the largest wholly-owned indigenous construction company) which built most of the iconic public buildings in Abuja.
- He is the founding Managing Director of Democrat Newspaper and served as President of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria (NPAN) for 8 years.
- He is a philanthropist and a life patron of the NPAN.