President Muhammadu Buhari has taken some major steps after the recent Aso Rock crisis between his wife Aisha, and his private secretary, Sabiu ‘Tunde’ Yusuf.
It will be recalled Nigeria’s first lady, Mrs Aisha Buhari, on Friday, 12th June had taken to Twitter to ask the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mohammed Adamu, to release her aides from detention.
Sabiu Yusuf, a presidential aide had gotten the first lady’s aides arrested after they attempted to eject him from the Presidential Villa for not complying with COVID-19 safety measures.
The President’s PA was reported to have returned from Lagos to Abuja on Monday and refused all entreaties to go on self-isolation as required.
The scuffle that ensued resulted in gunshots been fired within the precincts of the Aso Rock presidential villa, a development regarded as a security breach.
In the saga that followed, President Buhari as previously reported by this online medium, ordered the restructuring of security at the Presidential Villa, Abuja as he was said to have been angered by the developments.
More details have now emerged on those affected by the security shake-up ordered by the President due to the Aso Rock clash.
Sahara Reporters has it that those sacked by Buhari on Wednesday included his Chief Personal Security Officer, Chief Detail to President, ADC to the First Lady, Escort Commander, ADC National Defence Council, and 37 others.
Furthermore, the president’s nephew, Mamman Daura, was said to have been seen weeping as he made his way to his office and informed Buhari that his security aides were not only after Yusuf’s life but his own as well.
This further fast-tracked the President’s decision to approve the sack of some of his security details and top aides.