Posted on Leave a comment

Buhari Govt Lists Diseases Responsible For 70 Per Cent Of COVID-19 Deaths

The President Muhammadu Buhari-led government on Thursday stated that the health challenges like tuberculosis, hypertension, diabetes, HIV, kidney disease and cancer are responsible for 70 per cent of COVID-19 deaths in Nigeria.

The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, stated this during the daily briefing of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 on Thursday.

He further stated that 70 per cent of the deaths recorded in Nigeria were males, while the remaining 30% are females.

Majority of positive cases recorded so far are between 29 and 49.

He said: “The core morbidity of the fatalities we have had to COVID-19, 70% of them have hypertension or diabetes, and the rest were kidney disease, HIV, cancer, tuberculosis and other sundry challenges.”

“A finding from the analysis of the death patterns shows 70% to 30% for male and female around that ratio and about 70% fatalities were persons who are 60 years old while the majority of positives were between the ages of 29 and 49; those are the most active ages in life.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *