Posted on Leave a comment

FG Takes Over Case Of Alleged Taraba Kidnap Kingpin, Wadume, Others

wadume

The prosecution of the alleged Taraba kidnap kingpin, Bala Hamisu (aka Wadume) has been taken over by the office of the Attorney-General of the Federation, (AGF).

This was confirmed on Wednesday at the resumed hearing of the case by Mr Shuaibu Labaran, a lawyer from the Ministry of Justice.

It will be recalled Wadume, Capt. Tijjani Balarabe and 18 others were dragged before the court on March 16 by the Nigerian Police on a 16- count charge bordering on terrorism, murder, kidnapping and illegal arms running.

However, Labaran told the court presided over by Justice Binta Nyako on Wednesday that the case had been taken over by the Attorney-General of the Federation, (AGF) and Minister of Justice Mr Abubakar Malami.

He also requested an adjournment of the case to enable the AGF enough time to look at the case file before re-arraigning the defendants.

“The AGF has taken over the prosecution of this case. We have received the file and noticed that there are about 20 defendants from the charge.

”So there is need for us to review the charge and also liaise with the arresting agency to ensure that all the defendants are brought to court.

“We will do all that is necessary to ensure that justice is done in the matter,” he said.

Justice Nyako thereafter adjourned the matter until June 8 for re-arraignment.

Naija News recalls Wadume is at the center of a case involving a shoot out between the Nigerian Police and the Nigerian Army in Taraba State in 2019.

The case degenerated into a rift between the two security organizations.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *