Posted on Leave a comment

Fire Guts Section Of Aso Rock Presidential Villa, Abuja

A fire incident was reported inside the presidential villa in Abuja on Thursday.

Information gathered on the incident reveals that the fire was caused by an electrical spark at a store near the State House Chapel in the Presidential Villa.

However, the fire was brought under control by members of staff present before the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises arrived to totally put out the fire.

Confirming the incident, Mallam Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity was quoted by Daily Trust as saying: “The incident, linked to an electrical spark, was immediately brought under control by alert staff using available fire extinguishers well ahead of the arrival of the Federal Fire Service trucks stationed just outside the premises.” “Luckily, no injury or serious damage was recorded.”

No injury or serious damage was reported in the fire incident which was described by the president’s spokesperson as minor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *