Posted on Leave a comment

Five COVID-19 Patients Burns To Death In Hospital

Lagos Fire Service Gives Update On Airport Hotel Fire

No less than five persons have reportedly died in an inferno which was reportedly caused by a short-circuit in a ventilator.

According to a report which was monitored by this online news platform on Daily Mail, five COVID-19 patients receiving treatment at a Russian hospital all got burnt to death in a deadly inferno a few moments ago.

The report has it that the inferno was caused by a short-circuit in a ventilator in the Intensive Care Unit, ICU.

Naija News understands that the horrible incident occurred at a hospital located in Vyborg district of St. Petersburg.

However, other patients and workers in the St. George City Hospital have been reportedly evacuated due to the incident which claims five lives and leaving scores with injuries.

Confirming the report, the country’s Ministry of Emergency Services said, “Preliminary inquiries revealed that an electric equipment malfunction and short-circuit failure were among the factors behind the fire,”

Meanwhile, Naija News reported a week ago that a fire engulfed the Obalende flyover in Lagos Island after a petrol-laden tanker exploded while trying to manoeuvre the roundabout.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *