Here the latest Npower news in Nigeria today…
1. 4 Things Minister Sadiya Farouq Umar Said In Her Weekly Updates As Npower Beneficiaries Await Stipend Payment
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management, and Social Development in Nigeria, Sadiya Umar Farouq has given a summary of her activities in the last one week. The Minister took to her verified Twitter handle on Sunday in a series of tweets to highlight what she has been doing.
An appeal has gone out from the government of Osun State to former N-Power teachers to resume and prepare students for their forthcoming West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). The Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Special Intervention Programmes, Lukman Bello, made the appeal on Monday.
3. The Federal Government Has Spent ₦14 Billion On Student Feeding, N-Power And CCT In Jigawa State Alone
In the last four years, the federal government has spent ₦14 billion on the programs of the Ministry of Social Welfare under Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq in Jigawa State alone. Plans include feeding primary school students, the N-Power youth program, and the distribution of ₦5,000 stipend per month. While N9.074bn has been spent on the ₦5,000-month program for the needy, ₦5.178 billion has been spent on the primary school feeding program from 2017 to date in Jigawa.
At least 2,000 Npower beneficiaries held a ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock, Nigeria’s Presidential Villa over the success of the N-Power scheme and other Social Intervention Programmes in the country. Naija News reports that the ‘Thank You Rally’ to Aso Rock was led by the Concerned Citizens/ N- Power Forum with participants drawn across the 36 states of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The Federal Government led by President Muhammadu Buhari has extended Npower online application by two weeks. Naija News reports that with the development, potential beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) can continue with the online application till the next two weeks.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has responded to the demands of some protesting N-Power beneficiaries who want exiting Batch A and B beneficiaries to be employed by the government. The protesting beneficiaries had also on Thursday, 23rd July, demanded that the government pay each of them N600,000 grant if it couldn’t employ them permanently.
Several aggrieved beneficiaries of the Federal government empowerment programme (N-Power) are currently protesting in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital. Naija News reports that the aggrieved Npower beneficiaries over their disengagement from the programme and unsettled stipends.
Some NPower beneficiaries were not paid their stipends because the payment platform already recognised their accounts, the ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development has said. In a statement on Thursday, Rhoda Iliya, deputy director of information at the ministry, revealed that 14,020 beneficiaries of NPower have existing accounts on the payroll of other agencies.
President Muhammadu Buhari’s social investment schemes including Npower are not for only members of the All Progressives Congress (APC). The Minister of Humanitarian and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq made this known during a press conference in Gausau, Zamfara state capital.
Registration for Npower Batch C recruitment is still on, the Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has said. Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme.
Current beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been told to expect the payment of their June stipends ‘soon.’ This is as some beneficiaries of the scheme have taken to the micro-blogging site, Twitter to make inquiries on when they would be paid their outstanding stipend for the month of June.
The Honourable Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq has noted that she and her team her working to ensure a successful transition for the N-Power beneficiaries. Naija News recalls the federal government of Nigeria had disengaged Batch A beneficiaries of the scheme in June 2020 while Batch B beneficiaries will also be disengaged by the end of July.
Hajiya Sadiya Umar Farouq, Nigeria’s Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has given an update on the number of applications so far received on the N-Power portal. Naija News recalls the recruitment portal for the incoming Batch C beneficiaries was opened by the federal government on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Some registration centres have taken advantage of the ongoing Npower scheme to defraud applicants seeking to apply for the empowerment programme. Residents of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, have lamented the fraudulent extortion of candidates by vendors who try to help them register for the NPower
15. Npower: Batch A And B Beneficiaries Get Strong Warning From N-Power Over Fake Exit Package Links
Beneficiaries that belong to the Batches A and B of the federal government N-Power programme have been warned against falling prey to fake exit package links. The warning on fake news and packages was handed down on Thursday afternoon via the official twitter account of the N-power scheme.
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has given an update on the ongoing recruitment and Npower application.
Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme. Recruitment: N-Power Gives Update On Npower Application Form
Administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have warned applicants and members of the public against falling for fake news making rounds about the programme. Specifically, members of the public were warned against news making the rounds about an assessment schedule or test schedule for Batch C applicants.
Batch A beneficiaries of the federal government social intervention scheme, N-Power have been given a reason to smile despite their recent exit from the scheme. This is as administrators of the scheme confirmed that the affected beneficiaries will get their June stipends.
More than three million Nigerians have applied for employment as beneficiaries of the Batch C N-Power scheme since the portal opened on June 26. This information was disclosed on Friday, July 3rd by Rhoda Iliya, the deputy director, information, ministry of humanitarian affairs, disaster management, and social development.
The Nigeria Security Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, has confirmed the arrest of one Ibrahim Mohammed for allegedly duping and issuing fake N-Power 2020 Batch C recruitment form to forty-four displaced persons in the Borno State IDP camp. According to the report, the suspect had sold out 44 recruitment forms to displaced persons in the Guzamala Local government IDP camp, charging them each a sum of N5,000.
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, N-Power, has warned applicants over Npower registration. Naija News recalls that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme.
The administrators of the federal government social intervention scheme, NPower, has again warned Nigerians against the kinds of details they give out to cyber-cafe operators. The administrators who have been releasing guidelines and instructions that should be adhered to by prospective beneficiaries again cautioned that confidential details should not be given to cafe operators.
The Muhammadu Buhari-led government has dismissed rumours that the NPower portal had been hacked and applicants’ details were compromised. Naija News reports that Social media was awash on Sunday with reports that the Npower site had been hacked and applicants’ details were no longer safe.
NPower, the Federal Government empowerment scheme, has restated that only unemployed Nigerians should apply on its portal. In a post on its Twitter page, Npower said the scheme was for Nigerians who have absolutely no existing source of income.
NPower, the Muhammadu Buhari-led government social empowerment scheme, has warned applicants against fraudsters. In a statement on its Twitter handle on Sunday, Npower asked intending applicants not to make payment to anyone as registration for the scheme is totally free.
More than one million Nigerians have applied to become a part of the N-Power Batch C beneficiaries since the recruitment portal opened on Friday. The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajia Sadiya Umar Farouq disclosed this in a tweet on Sunday evening.
Administrators of the N-Power social investment scheme have reacted to the inability of some applicants to register on the portal since Batch C registration commenced. As previously reported by Naija News, the registration portal opened on Friday, 26th June by 11:45 pm.
The Federal Government social intervention scheme, Npower, has officially opened its portal for the recruitment of June 2020 Batch C intakes. Naija News reports that the Npower portal for 2020 Batch C intakes opened at exactly 11: 45 pm, today, Friday, 26th June 2020, hours after some applicants had already registered for the scheme as against the directive of the social intervention scheme.
The portal for the recruitment of Batch C N-Power beneficiaries by the federal government will open by 11:45 pm on Friday, 26th June 2020. As previously reported by Naija News, the federal government had revealed that 400,000 candidates would be picked from the pool of applicants as Batch C beneficiaries of the N-Power scheme.
That’s the latest Npower news in Nigeria for today. Read more Nigerian news on Naija News. See you again tomorrow.