Posted on Leave a comment

We Killed Over 50 Persons Whose Families Could Not Pay Ransom – Kidnap Kingpin

A kidnap kingpin, Mohammed Sani, has narrated what they fo to victims whose families could not afford to pay ransom.

According to him, they have murdered over 50 of their victims whose families could not pay ransom.

The police Public Relations Officer, DCP Frank Mba paraded Sani, alongside other members of his gang and 46 other suspected criminals at the Special Anti-Robbery Squad headquarters in Abuja.

Sani noted that he usually carried out his operations mainly in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and Zamfara states.

The 30-year-old who normally carry out his operations wearing a military camouflage,  said he was working for one Yellow Jambros, who gave him guns and military uniform for the kidnap operations.

He added that he had over 120 men working under his command, as he was a sector commander in the kidnapping ring.

Sani, who said he had lost count of how many kidnap operations he had carried out, said any of their victims on whom ransom was collected, was allowed to go, but those whose families could not cough out money were killed.

I have lost count of the number of operations I have participated in, but we usually release those on whose heads we collect ransoms, while anyone, who could not pay or his relatives could not pay, was killed. We have killed over 50 persons who did not pay ransom.”

According to Mba, the suspect and members of his gang were nabbed by the men of the Special Tactical Squad.

He added that he had been on the police wanted list for a while.

He stated, “Sani’s area of speciality is kidnapping for ransom and banditry; occasionally, he veers into cattle rustling. He belongs to an organised kidnapping gang that has gone ahead to sectorise its operations.

“Mohammed Sani is a sector commander within the larger kidnapping and banditry enterprise. He has over 100 men directly under his command. Sani reports to another big kidnapper, who is on our wanted list and known as Yellow Jambros.”

Also, seven male suspects were paraded by the force, including two soldiers, linked with the deadly attack on a bullion van in Abakiliki, Ebonyi State, on July 29, 2020.

According to him, the men carried out elaborate surveillance on the movement of the bullion van for over two weeks before they struck, during which four policemen were killed and their rifles taken away.

The police said the robbers could however not access the money “because of reinforcement and courage shown by both the driver of the bullion van and other operatives.”

Mba explained that men of the Intelligence Response Team and other detectives, eventually nabbed the suspects

He added, “The gang leader is Sunday Seyemi from Bayelsa State. Arms recovered from them include one GPMG rifle with 136 rounds of GPMG ammunition; six AK-47 rifles; 61 AK-47 magazines; five K2 magazines; 1,620 rounds of live AK-47 ammunition; two sets of army camouflage and assorted charms, and other house-breaking implements.

“Two suspects are still at large; we are closing upon them and certainly, will pick them up.”

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.